I’ve never personally used Mint.com but I hear from you guys all the time about it. Everything I have heard has been incredible! I plan on signing up today and finding my way around. Here are a few details about Mint and how it works.
Mint’s primary service allows for users to track bank, credit card, investment, and loan transactions and balances through a single user interface. Users also have the option to manually enter cash or check transactions. Mint connects securely and has been verified by Verisign and TrustE to download transactions from virtually every bank, credit union and credit card account in the United States with Internet banking capability.
But what can it do for me?
1. Mint will connect securely to your bank electronically.
2. Your purchases are automatically categorized for you! Ie, groceries, toiletries, entertainment, etc. This is incredibly helpful in tracking exactly how much you are spending and where. They also offer pie charts for those of us who need a visual.
3. With Mint you can also track all of your investment income and see how well (or not so well) you’re doing. Knowledge is key!
4. Mint will communicate with you (you set the perimeters) via text, email, etc. and keep you up to date on any account changes, low balances, and any possible fraudulent activity.
5. The best part is that you use Mint.com completely anonymously. You never enter a Social Security number or even your name!
Have you used Mint.com, please share your experience in thecomments – let’s help each other out!
If you’re ready to register (or just peak around) head on over to Mint.com!