Two sections today — Grocery Finds & Summertime School Skills Maintenance Ideas! First up are the grocery deals:
1. Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese block
2. Newman’s Own Light Italian Dressing, 8 oz.
3. Heinz Worcestershire Sauce, 5 oz. (think Father’s Day grilling!)
4. Banquet Sausage Crumbles, frozen 9.6 oz.
5. Foster Farms Chicken Franks, 12 oz.
6. Snackwells Peanut Butter Pretzels (& more varieties)
7. Bigelow Chamomile Tea Bags, 12 ct.
8. Lipton Herbal Tea Bags, 20 ct (makes hot or iced tea)
9. Huge Cantaloupe, 5 lbs.
10. Fresh Peaches, 2 lbs.
11. Fresh Strawberries, 1 lb.
12. Philly Indulgence White Chocolate, 8 oz.
13. Ball Freezer Container, quart-sized
Now is the time to take advantage of fantastic fresh fruit. If you enjoy making your own freezer jam, take a look at the Ball Freezer Containers (quart-sized). Or, simply freeze fruit pieces to use in smoothies. On pinterest recently, I fell in love with bite-sized stuffed strawberries. Today when I found fresh strawberries & Philly Indulgence, I thought of combining them to create Heavenly Filled Strawberries. My fellow shoppers today were giddy over the huge cantaloupes today! Seriously, these cantaloupes were larger than the personal-sized watermelons!
School’s out! Yay! But if you’re like me, “Brain Drain” over the long summer is a concern. How do you maintain children’s school skills to ensure all that goodness isn’t lost? In the Stationery Aisle, I found affordable learning aides:
1. Handwriting ABC Dry Erase Cards — Includes a Dry Erase Pen and a Chain to hold all the cards together. The student practices writing ABC’s properly. Easy to pack & go.
2. Draw & Story Pad — Primary grades use this type of paper. The upper half is for drawing, and the bottom half is lined for storywriting. Have your student keep a summer journal or a travel journal or whatever is fun. The main point is to keep them writing, writing, writing!
3. Not pictured — I also spotted traditional notebooks for older children who would like to maintain a summer journal. Also, in the area of math, I saw Addition/Subtraction Flashcards as well as Multiplication Flashcards.
This week’s shopping trip highlight was brought to you by Jolene, the TFF 99 Cents Only Store expert! Find a 99 Cents Store location near you.