Hot weather tends to affect my appetite, and I crave frequent light meals. Thankfully, the 99 Cents Only Store offered affordable, yummy options — some of which were organic! Here’s my shopping trip today:
1. Earthbound Farm Organic Spring Mix, 5 oz.
2. Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Lettuces, 5 oz.
3. Organic Nectarines
4. Fiestaflower Orange Cauliflower
5. Seedless Grapes
6. Breakstone 100-Calorie Cottage Cheese, 4 pk.
7. Jell-O Temptations, 3 pk.
8. Stouffer’s Steak Mushroom Flatbread Melt, 6 oz.
9. Quaker Whole Grain Oatmeal Pancake Mix, 2 lbs.
10. Chapstick Ultra Shimmer
I recently learned about organic produce & how to decode the numerals on those tiny produce stickers. I’ve heard that if the first number is a 9, that means organically-grown. When I spotted these nectarines today, I noticed they were sporting the produce stickers beginning in 9. So, that was an added bonus for me! If the non-organic fruit costs the same as the organic ones, might as well choose the organic. But it does take extra time to look for subtle clues, such as the produce stickers. I am not a big fan of lipstick, but I always wear chapstick. The Chapstick Ultra Shimmer attracted me because it does the job of chapstick … with the added benefit of radiant shine & shimmer. Hopefully it’ll add a touch of glam to my routine!
Target apparel often makes an appearance at the 99 Cents Only Store. In the past, I’ve gotten boy’s C-9 brand athletic shirts. This week, it’s all about Baby with Circo brand sun-protection gear — perfect for the beach, pool, or sandbox. All priced $1, no coupons needed, found in the Baby Aisle:
1. Circo Board Shorts with UPF 50, sz Small (12-18lbs)
2. Circo Sunglasses with ingenious velcro strap
3. Circo Swim Hats with UPF 50
4. See more Circo Baby cold weather apparel in last week’s post!