Two sections today — Grocery & Boredom Busters for Children! Here are the grocery deals:
1. Oscar Mayer Turkey Bacon, 12 oz.
2. Tropicana Peach Punch, 1 gallon (Thanks Stephanie W!)
3. Heavy Cream, 1 quart (!)
4. Seedless Red Grapes from CA
5. Fresh Plums, 2 lb bag
6. Fresh Rosemary, 2 oz.
7. Honey Maid Honey Grahams, 13 oz.
8. Kraft Sizzling Salad Kit, 12 oz.
9. Classico Crushed Tomatoes, big 28 oz.
10. Aquafresh Iso-Active & Extreme Clean Foaming Pumps
I promised to report back on the Lemondrop Melon from last week’s trip & it tasted amazing! It tasted like a lemondrop & honey. If you see it, try it! My best bargain today is the big quart of Heavy Cream! We will make homemade ice cream for July 4th, and it’ll cost less (and taste better) than store-bought. With the fresh rosemary, tie the ends together, and it makes a basting brush for grilling meats. I’ve also seen just the rosemary stems (strip the leaves) used for kabobs, and it’s supposed to impart flavor. The 28 oz crushed tomatoes for $1 is a stock-up price, and it is so versatile to keep in the pantry for sauce, chili, stew. I thought the Aquafresh Iso-Active Pump was a good deal, since I think these run around $5 in CVS.
“Mom, I’m bored!” – Are you hearing this now that summer’s here? It’s such a challenge to keep kids unplugged, and actively engaged while on a budget! Well, today I found two Craft Items at my Clayton Rd. store:
1. Tulip Tie Dye Kit — Comes with 3 colors. Simply add water to the 3 bottles & shake. Enough to make 8 shirts. (photo shows front & back).
2. Marcella K Adhesive Chipboard, 24 ct. — Thick and sturdy for imaginative creating.
3. Activity Idea — Use the Heavy Cream (above) and a clean jar. Kids can make their own Homemade Butter by shaking the heavy cream in a jar. Try googling for instructions. Let them spread their butter onto freshly-grilled corn-on-the-cob (Sumiko’s recipe?).